VISION and MISSION
To promote cardiovascular health through advocacy, influencing policy, providing information, tools, and support which will:
Empower people to adopt healthy lifestyles and seek appropriate care early in the manifestation of the disease.
Assist in making healthier choices easy.
To halt the rise of premature Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) in people in South Africa. And to see more people adopt healthy lifestyles in South Africa.
- Provide information and support to build healthy communities
- Advocate at all levels to minimise South Africans’ risk of developing heart disease and stroke
- Support research for improved tools and methods of CVD prevention
We are members of:
- World Heart Federation
- World Stroke Organisation
- African Heart Network
- South African Heart Association
- Heart disease and stroke are the second-biggest killers in South Africa, second only to HIV/AIDS.
- At least 80% of early deaths caused by heart disease and stroke can be avoided by following a healthy diet, regular physical activity, and avoidance of tobacco use.
- Cardiovascular disease remains the leading killer worldwide, and yet 80% of these deaths are preventable.